Connect with us

News

Israeli Strike on Gaza School Kills 22, Reports Say

Published

on

Israeli Strike on Gaza School Kills 22, Reports Say

At least 22 Palestinians were killed and over 100 wounded on Sunday in a strike on a UN-run school in central Gaza, which was being used as a shelter for displaced people, according to the Hamas-run health ministry. The Israeli military claimed it targeted Hamas “terrorists” operating from Abu Oraiban School in the Nuseirat refugee camp.

Witnesses, said that there were no armed fighters at the site and that children were among the casualties. This incident marks the fifth attack on or near schools in Gaza in the past eight days.

In addition to the school strike, residents reported fresh air and artillery strikes in central Gaza on Monday. Five people were reportedly killed when a house in the Maghazi refugee camp was hit. The Israeli military stated that its aircraft had targeted dozens of “terror targets” across the territory in the past day.

Advertisement

Negotiations for a ceasefire and hostage release between Hamas and Israel are reportedly ongoing. This follows an air strike in the southern al-Mawasi humanitarian area on Saturday, which the health ministry said killed over 90 people. The Israeli military said the strike targeted a compound housing senior Hamas leaders, including Mohammed Deif and Rafa Salama. Salama was confirmed killed, but it is unclear if Deif also died. Hamas stated that Deif is in good health.

The recent conflict began on 7 October when Hamas launched an unprecedented attack on southern Israel, killing around 1,200 people and taking 251 hostages. Since then, more than 38,660 people have been killed in Gaza, according to the health ministry. These figures include both civilians and combatants.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) claimed that Hamas used the school as a “hideout and operational infrastructure” for attacks against Israeli troops. They emphasized that “numerous steps were taken to mitigate the risk of harming civilians,” including using precise munitions and additional intelligence. The IDF accused Hamas of using civilians and civilian structures as “human shields,” a charge that Hamas has denied.

Advertisement

Gaza’s Hamas-run Civil Defence force initially reported 15 deaths, mostly women and children. The health ministry later updated the death toll to 22. Hamas condemned the strike as an “extension of the genocide” against displaced Palestinians.

The IDF acknowledged carrying out five strikes on or near schools sheltering displaced people since 6 July, targeting Hamas figures and fighters using these sites as bases. Last Tuesday, hospital officials said at least 29 people were killed in an Israeli strike on a camp for displaced people near a school in Khan Younis. Additionally, 20 people were reportedly killed in three earlier strikes on other UN-run and church-run schools.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Investigation Continues as Andrew Released After Historic Royal Arrest

Published

on

Investigation Continues as Andrew Released After Historic Royal Arrest

Search efforts and inquiries remain ongoing after Prince Andrew was released under investigation following a day spent in police custody.

More than 19 hours after he was photographed reclining in the back seat of a vehicle upon release, the King’s younger brother remains at the centre of an active inquiry. The 66-year-old spent approximately 11 hours in custody on his birthday after being arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The development marked the first arrest of a senior royal in modern history.

Advertisement

Following his release, Andrew departed Aylsham Police Station after a lengthy period that involved hours of transport and waiting.

Although no charges have been filed, Andrew has been released under investigation — meaning he is free to resume daily activities for now, but remains subject to further questioning as inquiries progress.

Authorities continue to examine matters linked to properties associated with the Duke, including locations connected to the Sandringham Estate.

Advertisement

According to royal correspondent Helena Wilkinson, Andrew’s legal situation remains unresolved, and he may be required to return for additional interviews as the investigation develops.

Continue Reading

News

Andrew arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office 

Published

on

Andrew arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

Authorities have confirmed that Prince Andrew was arrested earlier today on suspicion of misconduct in public office, marking a significant development that is now set to move through the formal legal system.

The arrest took place at a residence on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk at approximately 08:00 this morning. Police have since continued investigative searches at that property, as well as at his former home located within Windsor Great Park.

In recent weeks, Andrew had relocated from Windsor to establish a temporary base at Sandringham while renovation work progresses on his future long-term residence at nearby Marsh Farm.

Advertisement

The Sandringham Estate, originally acquired in 1862 as a private retreat for the future Edward VII when he was Albert, Prince of Wales, has long remained a cherished country residence passed from monarch to monarch. It continues to serve as a traditional gathering place for the Royal Family, particularly during the Christmas period.

It is understood Andrew has been staying at Wood Farm, a secluded house near the village of Wolferton. The residence holds personal significance, having been chosen by his father, Prince Philip, as his primary home following retirement from public duties in 2017.

Today, Sandringham has seen heightened police presence as the investigation proceeds.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, King Charles III continued with his scheduled public engagements in London, where he was greeted by both questions and expressions of public support upon arrival.

Maintaining continuity and stability, the King chose—like the Queen earlier—to proceed with previously planned duties. In a statement, he reaffirmed confidence in due process, noting that “the law must take its course.”

It has also been confirmed that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace were informed in advance of the arrest, underscoring the independence of the legal process now underway.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Police Review Private Flights at Stansted Following Epstein File Revelations

Published

on

Police Review Private Flights at Stansted Following Epstein File Revelations

Authorities are assessing new information concerning private jet movements at Stansted Airport after fresh scrutiny linked to the activities of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Essex Police confirmed it is examining details related to private flights arriving at and departing from the airport in light of disclosures emerging from the recently published Epstein files.

The review follows calls from former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who urged in the New Statesman that law enforcement should “urgently” revisit whether Epstein’s victims may have been trafficked into or out of the United Kingdom.

Advertisement

A previous investigation identified 87 flights connected to Epstein that either landed at or departed from UK airports between the early 1990s and 2018.

Stansted Airport has maintained that private aircraft operations are conducted independently, noting that it does not oversee passenger arrangements for privately chartered flights.

The police assessment is part of broader efforts to understand any potential connections between flight activity and trafficking concerns raised in the wake of the latest disclosures.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending